Patriot Day Set
CUMBERLAND – Hear ye, Hear ye! Patriot Day is Saturday in Cumberland County at a new location and an opening ceremony parade will kick-off the day at 10 a.m. at the Courthouse Complex.
The parade will progress along Route 60, ending at the Cumberland County Public Schools campus where there will be plenty of fun for the entire family all day.
Cumberland's ninth Patriot Day will include the reenactment of the “First Call for Independence,” performances by local musicians, children's games and activities, the popular car show and dunk tank. New this year to the festival full of arts, crafts, and food, will also be a mechanical bull and orbitron.
Steve Bassett will be performing at 11:30 a.m. on the front lawn of the school complex and there's free admission all day. The activities will end at 4 p.m.
The morning's parade will start after opening ceremonies, which are slated for 10 a.m. All parade entries should be at Foster Road and in line by 9:30 a.m.
The parade line-up is as follows:
1. Delegate Tommy Wright-Honorary Grand Marshall.
2. Cumberland American Legion Post #269.
3. Cumberland JROTC.
4. Harrison Family-Grand Marshall.
5. Cumberland High School Cheerleaders.
6. Veteran Affairs.
7. Relay For Life.
8. Red Cross.
10. Van Der Linde Recycling.
11. Old Dominion Historical Fire Society.
12. Old Dominion Historical Fire Society.
13. Boy Scout Troop #6357.
14. Billy Pepper-antique car.
15. Billy Pepper-antique car.
* CVA Humane Society/SPCA.
16. Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department with Smokey the Bear.
17. Harold Collins Clearing & Grading.
18. Murphy the reading dog.
19. Prospect Volunteer Fire Department.
20. C.F. Marion Trucking.
21. Randolph Volunteer Fire Department.
22. Doug Napier-antique car.
23. Patrick Henry Boys & Girls Home.
24. Bruce Speas portraying “Carter Henry Harrison.”